If there is a clear sign of the times we live in, that is the label " no added sugar ”. On Galiana Nougats We admit it and have adapted to food trends. As we well know by now in the 21st century, the sugar It is one of the most significant ingredients in the labeling of products, since more and more we look for detailed information about the sugar content on the labels of the food we buy. Not only diabetics but also a bulk of the population increasingly aware of healthy eating and good life habits try to avoid excess sugar.
Galiana Nougat can help you in this endeavor. In order to offer a quality Christmas table to this important percentage of the population, we have begun to produce products without added sugar from our star products: nougat. We currently have 4 nougat without added sugars: Jijona nougat , Alicante nougat , Toasted egg yolk nougat Y Chocolate nougat .
So that you know more about this topic:
- What do you mean by the label "no added sugar"? It means that after making the product, no extra sugar has been added.
- According to the law in force in Spain, a food may be declared "sugar-free" if it does not contain more than 0.5 grams of sugar per 100 grams of product.
- On food labels, the ingredients are listed in order of quantity, from highest to lowest, so if the word appears in the first three, you should be careful, as this product contains large amounts of added sugars ”.
- The World Health Organization recommends that no more than 10% of the calories in our daily diet come from added sugars.
- The intake of sugar goes through a change in the eating habits of the population. This may already be happening, since, according to the United States Department of Agriculture, since 1999 per capita sugar consumption has fallen by 14%. It does not seem, however, sufficient.